Sunday, April 25, 2010

4/25/10

If you work for my company, you're parked in Taylor tonight, and you have 'Sojurner' as the nickname on the door of your truck, then consider this a public service announcement.  The word is 'sojourner.'  You're welcome.

During a dreary and rainy ride back from Indiana to Michigan, it was once again made clear to me that I'm far more comfortable when I'm the one holding the steering wheel.  There was one spot on I-94 where traffic came to a dead stop due to an accident.  I tried like hell to keep my mouth shut and let my brother do the driving, but when he was still going 60mph at the point where I would have been nearly stopped, I had to become that guy.  Then the same situation occurred as we approached a construction zone.  One might assume that the first scene of carnage might have encouraged a little more following distance the next time.  Nope.  The kid loves to tailgate.  Thankfully my time as a passenger has come to an end.

I stopped by the terminal a little while ago to drop off a few things.  The yard wasn't quite as packed as it had been last weekend when I got into town, but there were definitely a lot of trucks.  I had been thinking about spending the night in the truck and getting back into my normal routine.  With that many other trucks hanging around though, I'm probably not going anywhere in the morning.  Might as well spend the night at home and take it from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.