Saturday, December 19, 2009

12/19/09

I don't know exactly how the word 'vacation' is defined, but I suspect that I got suckered today. I went for a ride over to Gaylord with my father so that we could pick up a few supplies and get out of the house for a while. My brothers and my sister-in-law had already left to go snowboarding and my sister's kids were getting pretty loud. Getting out and about sounded like a good idea. At some point during the drive, the topic of firewood arose. We had some left from last night but not enough to get through the weekend. Dad mentioned that he had spotted some dead trees along one of the streets near our rental house. So, on my vacation, I got to trudge up the side of a mountain and carry logs back to the truck. Then, back at the house, I got to take turns with Dad as we sawed the logs into pieces that would fit in the fireplace. We were using a simple hand saw. That was big fun... or something.

Plenty of relaxation by the fire through the rest of the night helped to make it feel more like a vacation though. Good enough.

2 comments:

  1. If any frothy substance was involved with the primary ingredients being water, hops, and barley then its still classified as "vacation" technically. Beats sitting in a truck anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'll have to deal with that damned truck before long. Cutting firewood will probably sound better once I get back out on the road.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.