Tuesday, December 15, 2009

12/15/09

Today probably wouldn't be classified as a productive one by many observers, but it's kind of a sliding scale. After all, I did make it to the bank in order to deposit my Christmas bonus. And I did make it to the post office in order to mail some correspondence. And I did make it to my truck in order to retrieve my dirty laundry and supplant my 2009 permits with their 2010 replacements. And I did make it to the party store on the corner in order to buy some beer. See there? Today was really a productive one after all.

On the subject of the Christmas bonus, I'm as confused as ever. Last year's bonus didn't seem to correspond with any number that I could track down. The CFI system was $25 for each year of service but the Con-way system is different. I never did figure out where the gross pay for last year's bonus originated. It must have related to something though, because this year's bonus was exactly 1.5 times last year's bonus, down to the penny. Weird. No complaints from me though. Free money is free money.

One more productive bit about today - I've watched a whole lot of Seinfeld episodes. We're almost to the end of Season 4. Beer and sitcoms... the stuff that dreams are made of.

2 comments:

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.