Sunday, December 13, 2009

12/13/09

With an easy day of work behind me and plenty of time to kill, I fired up a game of Civilization III. I hadn't played it in quite some time. Now I remember why. Time can get away from you in a hurry if you're not paying attention. The damned Russians tried to sneak-attack from my southern border and, by the time I exterminated them (and the Koreans who came to their aid), the night had gone far later than I intended. Bummer.

I was glad to see that the temperature got into the 40's during today's drive, meaning rain instead of snow or ice. The weather screen at the service plaza where I spent last night seemed to indicate that there was some icy weather in Pennsylvania. It would then seem that I'm still one day ahead of the trouble. Maybe this can remain true for just a little longer. Ice storms don't bother me much when I'm on my couch, after all.

The 280 mile drive up to Saginaw was about as easy as one might expect. Aside from the low-flow shower heads at the Pilot in Blissfield, I would have to say that everything was peachy keen. Tomorrow brings a 6am wake-up call though, so I had better try and nod off for a little while. I only have around two miles to drive in order to reach the consignee but I'm not sure what's in store after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.