Saturday, December 12, 2009

12/12/09

90 miles. That's all I needed. If I could get through 90 miles without any major issues, then the day would surely be an easy one. Once I got to the west side of D.C., there would be no reason to expect any traffic for the rest of my route on a Saturday. So did I make it? The dude in the minivan cutting across to the off ramp should be your main clue.

Ahh yes, good old I-95. There was a stalled bus in the center lane and it had traffic backed up for about five or six miles. C'est la vie.

The traffic wasn't too heavy once I got out into the mountains. My 44,000 pound payload was obviously not a lot of fun, but that just goes with the territory sometimes. I wanted to cover at least half the trip today, meaning that around 350 miles would do the trick. The 350 mile mark would have had me somewhere around Pittsburgh though, so I continued on to Ohio. The second service plaza has a Sbarro and I had been thinking that some pasta sounded good, so there you have it. 420 miles down and 280 left for tomorrow. Not bad.

The pay week wraps up with 3,283 miles plus around $54 in northeast pay. Not too shabby at all. There's a distinct chance that I'll get sent home with no miles on Monday, so next week won't be too profitable. For now though, a week over $1,300 ain't too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.