Saturday, August 29, 2009

8/29/09

Oh man. It's gonna be a rough morning tomorrow. We had wicked awesome weather in the Upper Midwest today, so my dumb ass went ahead and dragged out the weight bench. Oh man.

The day's driving was about as ideal as it gets. I had a nice two-hour trip up I-69, arriving in Fremont 45 minutes ahead of schedule. My trailer had just finished being loaded, so I guess we could say that I was right on time. Then I made my drop/hook and headed westward. No traffic to slow me down and an afternoon ballgame on the radio... life is good. Of course the game didn't go quite right, but you know how it is. Now we have the Twinkies in second place instead of those thugs from Chicago, so hopefully Texas can hold on here for a few more innings.

I stopped off at the Pilot/Road Ranger in Princeton, Illinois for the night, in honor of the upcoming start to the college football season... or something. I did indeed get the 4am Tuesday ETA for my delivery in Colorado so I'll be able to run a nice steady pace for the next couple of days. Gotta love that. I have a feeling that it's going to hurt to get out of bed in the morning, so being on a flexible schedule is a big plus.

The week wraps up with 2,928 miles plus the stop pay from Kansas, so just a shade under $1,300. If not for the fact that I will be taking a healthy chunk of September and then probably quite a bit of November at home, it would almost seem that I had a chance of running down last year's earnings before all is said and done. Instead of the usual busy winter/spring and slow summer, I've had a terrible winter and then a good spring and summer thus far in '09.

One more week, mofos...

4 comments:

  1. Awesome comeback in the 8th inning. And Detroit founded by the French way back when... I dig your angle.

    That is what you meant, right?

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.