Sunday, August 30, 2009

8/30/09

It's a good thing that we like our Wheaties (and SubWay Italian herb & cheese bread) in this country. Otherwise I'm not sure that there would be any reason for highways to exist in this neck of the woods. Across Iowa and into Nebraska today... riveting, truly. It was a challenge to stay awake and I wasn't even slightly tired. I also wasn't terribly sore from last night's workout though, which is good news. Apparently there's some sort of natural law to keep in mind or something. I am sure I'll be feeling it worse tomorrow.

It was another day of beautiful weather and light traffic. The baseball schedule provided some entertainment as the afternoon grew long. Tigers - win. ChiSox - loss. Twinkies - win. An acceptable outcome, to be sure. I don't tend to have a lot of luck with my Sprint internet speed in this part of the country so I decided to stop at the Sapp Brothers in York. Fast free wi-fi comes in handy every now and then.

I think that I had around 900 miles left to go when I started today. My trip odometer says 471, so that would leave something in the neighborhood of 429 for tomorrow. Not too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.