Friday, August 28, 2009

8/28/09

I think that I'm getting to the calendar-watching phase of this latest stint on the road. The frustration seems to set in much more quickly after I've been out long enough and it's time to go home. Today though, I really do think that my ire was justified. After an easy trip across to Plainfield, complete with a pre-plan for the weekend, things were looking quite rosy. Then I got to cross Indy during a rainy rush hour. The dipshit motorists had me shouting creative words that even I have never heard before. And I've heard 'em all, man.

I'm on my way up I-69 to Fremont for tomorrow's pickup, but spending more than two hours going from Plainfield to Daleville was all I could handle. I stopped off at the lovely Pilot and parked for the night. They do have a SubWay though. An Italian BMT with double meat can always take some of the sting out of a fit of road rage.

After I make a drop/hook tomorrow afternoon, I'll be heading westward for a delivery in Colorado. The plan summary says that it's due by 4am Tuesday. This would generally motivate me to make the delivery on Monday evening. It's getting tough to read these guys' dispatching habits lately though. One day I'm getting just enough time to cross Ohio without a minute to spare and another day I'm getting half a day of extra time to make a delivery in Indiana. I won't be shocked if they try some more of that nihilist monkey business. A Monday evening delivery certainly would work best for me. That way I could send in my home time request and have plenty of time to get back to Michigan before my license expires, plus I would make a few bucks along the way. Time will tell, as I'm prone to say.

The nice long weekend run will ensure another healthy paycheck, especially when combined with my extra stop pay from the Kansas affair. Beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.