Sunday, February 8, 2009

2/8/09

I was supposed to get up and rolling bright and early today. Yeah, that didn't exactly happen. When my alarm went off, I reached over and smacked my phone. The thing ended up on the floor in front of the driver's seat. I wasn't sure where it went when I hit it. I was pretty sure that I didn't care. I wasn't getting out of bed.

When I finally did wake a few hours later, I found fairly light traffic going through Sacramento and then up into the mountains. There was supposed to be snow, at least in the mountains, all over Southern Oregon this afternoon. The weatherman is 0-for-2 on this trip up the coast. I ain't complaining. It was rainy in some of the higher spots but the temperature never got below 40 degrees. There was a tiny bit of snow visible on the tops of the highest peaks. Definitely none falling today though.

I got into Oregon a little ways before my 70 hours had expired. I'll pick up enough to get to Portland tomorrow, then have to sit out the rest of the day. I don't pick up a ton of hours Tuesday either, but hopefully enough to get me off this coast. They have Veggie Burgers at SubWay out here man. This is not where I belong.

2 comments:

  1. Some lush California scenery sounds pretty darn good to me Vito! 60F for the high today in Indianapolis.

    Yeah, I took a fairly good drop on some ice in Logansport while delivering to a BP about 2 weeks ago as the (amused) customers looked on. I definitely felt like a douchebag. LOL Of course, in some circles, that would be considered the norm for me.

    Enjoy your trip. Be safe out there, Joe.

    Barzini

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that I had wrecked my shoulder for the first few days. I guess it was just bruised. It's not like there was any chance of romancing the nice young lady in the first place, but any illusions that I may have had came crashing down with me.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.