Saturday, February 14, 2009

2/14/09

First vision this morning - whiteness. We're not talking about one of those misguided youth rallies down south either. It was either snowing like hell or the snow from last night was blowing like hell or something. Whatever was the deal, I went back to bed. Screw that.

The next time I got up and looked outside, I still saw largely bleached out conditions. There didn't seem to be any snow blowing across my windshield this time though. Okay then, I guess I might as well drive this truck for a while.

It took about a hundred miles to get to where the roads seemed relatively decent. It took about a hundred more miles from there for the icy patches to disappear. It took about a hundred more miles from there for the sky to open up. The rest of the trip was smooth sailing. By the time I got into Iowa I was ready to call it a day. I think I have around 400 miles to go from here, so we'll leave that for tomorrow. The week wraps up with 2,176 miles. On the heels of our Fenian Godfather record from last week, that'll do.

So I heard on the radio this afternoon that today is Valentine's Day. I know that some who read this blog may be inclined to think that your don has grown immune to the ways of that wily little Cupid and his ilk. Well, your inclination would be correct. Valentine's Day, to me, is simply the day that those savage Italians murdered a bunch of innocent, fun loving employees of the Irishmen on the north side of Chicago back in '29. This year though, I just might be in love. Part economist and part rabblerouser? Be still my beating heart...

5 comments:

  1. You might have a shot with her ..dude...
    I wouldn't cross that primadonna though..Looks like she could drop kick your ass and give you a boot to the head...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that would be something nice to have riding shotgun wouldn't it?

    I like her Idea about taxes too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could use a kick in the head every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to have kittens with Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better get to her before I do. I'm planning to get a couple of Hibernian hellraisers out of the deal myself. I guess my engagement to that singer chick might be off now.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.