Tuesday, February 10, 2009

2/10/09

When you get a day off at a time when you feel like you could use a day off... not bad. I dragged myself out of bed this morning and sent in the form to put myself on the board. I was #2 at the time so I went back to bed. After spending yesterday lounging around, another day of the same sounded pretty good to me. There's rain and snow and crap coming down and I'm feeling rather lazy.

I got my next assignment at some point during the morning after I was up and at 'em. I'll be picking up around 25 miles to the north of here and then running a little over 200 miles to the east, along the gorge. I have to pick up at 8am tomorrow but, since they set their clocks funny around here, I won't have to get up too early. Driving 25 miles by 11am will be nice and easy.

The week will be off to quite a lousy start since I won't be empty until Thursday morning. That's the flip side of running out your hours in a week, I guess. The next week pays a price. It seems that I used to catch a nice long run out of the Pacific Northwest whenever I was up here in the past though. I haven't been up this way in quite some time. I guess I'll just hope that things are still the same. I'll be nice and rested and ready to rumble.

I was going to ask Chuck Schumer how the American people feel about pork spending, but he was kind enough to answer me in advance...


2 comments:

  1. There's always those blue and orange thermos looking things over on Ecorse that will keep you close to the homestead. If you ever change your mind.........drop me a line.

    Barzini

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you remember the old Groucho Marx line? - "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."

    A company that would pay someone like me to drive around with a tank full of hazardous stuff... I don't know. I'll keep you in mind if I ever do decide to go in that direction though. I just don't see it happening in the near future. I get a kick out of having no responsibilities.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.