Wednesday, February 11, 2009

2/11/09

Okay, back to the driving thing. I guess it's good to get into the flow with a fairly easy day. My quick drive to the shipper was uneventful, then I got to hang out there for quite a while. According to the shippers, I was supposed to arrive at 10am. According to my dispatch, I was to arrive at 8am. Whatevs. At least I was there long enough to get an incredible carne asada burrito with no beans from the Mexican vendor guy who showed up at 11am. I'm not kidding, That thing was awesome.

Once I was loaded and rolling, I had the nice and easy route along the Columbia River on I-84. This is one of the nicer drives that I get to make from time to time. Scenic, uncongested, flat, simple. Good deal. As I rolled back through Portland I received a pre-plan for my next load. Given the way the week started out, this was obviously welcome news. It's always best to go into a weekend knowing that I have some miles coming. I'll be picking up in Washington and heading down to El Paso. So it looks like we'll have another couple days of the Edmund Hillary routine coming, but at least I should reach warmer weather before too long.

My consignee for tomorrow morning is in Kennewick, Washington. According to my directory there is a small truck stop in Kennewick. I think I saw it as I passed through, but it was on the southbound side of the very busy highway and I was heading northbound. Trying to figure out how to get over there and then pull in and park looked like it would be a pain in the ass. I kept rolling north instead and parked for the night in Pasco. It's only a few miles from here to the customer in Kennewick. Good enough.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have serious work to do. I'm going to compile a spending wish list so I'll be ready to spend my extra $13 a week starting in June, doing my part to stimulate the economy. And you cynics out there didn't think we would really get a tax cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.