Friday, February 13, 2009

2/13/09

Out of Idaho and into Utah, the roads were clear and dry. Through the canyons and back up into the mountains, the roads were clear and dry. All the way across Wyoming, the roads were clear and dry. The sky was sunny and the wind was relatively calm. Then the last thirty or forty mile stretch coming out of the mountains and into Cheyenne was a wicked slick pain in the ass. Fortunately, I was planning all along to stop at the truck stop at Exit 370. It only took a few Hail Marys to get me here.

I've maintained a pretty good pace to this point, so the weekend won't require any really long days of driving. I have no idea what kind of road conditions I'll face tomorrow in Nebraska. I don't recall being terribly impressed with the way they handled the roads the last time I crossed that state in the winter. It's nice to know that I can shut down early if the situation warrants.

I stumbled across something for you guys who think I'm paranoid when I say that we're getting a little ahead of ourselves with the new messiah worship. I leave you tonight with this, an actual photo taken at a Border's in Texas...

1 comment:

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.