Saturday, November 22, 2008

11/22/08

I got up this morning and drove an hour and a half to the Petro in Fremont, Indiana. That's where I've parked for the day. My Swedish buddy Sjoe had his brother pick him up somewhere in Indiana and drive him to the Notre Dame game. Apparently he had tickets. (If you have to ask, don't bother. I'm not going to explain.)

So... Sjoe woke this morning before he was entirely ready. Sjoe left himself a long day of work for tomorrow when he could have gotten more work done today. Sjoe stood out in the freezing cold air all damn day to watch a disgraceful performance. Sjoe will continue to support his beloved Fighting Irish but, following this debacle, he will no longer defend Charlie Weis' ability to be anything resembling a decent gameday coach. Then Sjoe's brother drove Sjoe back to wherever he was staying for the night.

And that was that. As for me, I have to drive about nine hours or so tomorrow. I'm planning to try and find parking at the customer so I'll probably arrive a little later in the evening. You know what that means - no alarm clock. Good. Sjoe and I will probably wake up with headaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.