Monday, November 17, 2008

11/17/08

Let's play Jeopardy.

A: Watch movies all day and stare at the other trucks.

Q: What do you do when you sat all weekend and then got fifty miles for today?

Yeah, just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. I should have known how the day would go when I got a burger from the vending machine in Lancaster and about gagged when I bit into it. Mustard? On a fucking vending machine cheeseburger? That's bullshit.

I made the twenty mile trek to the consignee this morning and they had me unloaded in short order. In the absence of a place to park in Dallas, I headed toward I-35E to start back toward Lancaster. As I got to the freeway I received my next assignment. I have to pick up tomorrow morning in Cleburne and head for Virginia.

I stopped on the ramp for a minute to see where Cleburne was. It is southwest of Dallas so I was going the right way. I pulled into the Love's on US-67 a short while later and that was that for today. Big time. Another day will be tacked on to my layover pay from the slow dispatch over the weekend though. If that goes on my check -and- the detention pay from North Carolina goes on my check -and- I get a decent weekend run -and- the northeast miles add up a little bit, I should do pretty well overall.

I now sit here and ponder more of life's little mysteries. For instance, how does it make sense to loan the automakers another $25 billion when they're (combined) worth less than half that? And why can't they just borrow some money from the oil companies if we're not going to let the oil companies spend the money on drilling? I don't know man. Congressional math, I suppose. It's no wonder we have $53 trillion in unfunded liabilities as a country. Maybe I'll knock some chick up and go to college and buy an electric car and get a low-paying job so I can get my check before the well runs dry. That sounds like a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.