Thursday, November 20, 2008

11/20/08

I knew that I wanted to sleep late today so I stayed up nice and late last night. I did a little sprucing up of this here web log and organized some files on my computer and just generally kept myself occupied. Eventually I fell asleep. So you can guess what happened this morning, right? Satellite message. "Attention! You have a new important message!" That satellite voice chick really pisses me off sometimes. So I rolled out of bed and took a look. It was a notification that my layover from the weekend had been paid. Okay, I won't get too mad about that one. It's all about the Benjamins baby. If it had been another one of those recruiting updates... well... actually I wouldn't have done anything, but I would have thought about it!

I putzed around in Dublin for a while and then headed north. Stopping for fuel at the Pilot in Greenville was a debacle as always, but I had all the time in the world. No worries. Then a stop for dinner and a nap in Toms Brook. Then on to Manassas. That driving for an hour or two at a time is pretty nice. I still haven't found a way to do that every day and earn a comfortable living though. Oh well, guess I'll just keep slugging it out until I come across the magical solution. I got to the consignee a little while ago. I'm glad I checked out Google Earth on this one, as there were no addresses visible from the street. I had a pretty good idea of the type of buildings for which I was looking. Definitely helpful.

I think I kinda screwed myself with that nap earlier. This drop is supposed to go off at 5:30am and now I'm wide awake. Hopefully I can nod off for a few hours before it's time to start tomorrow.

Here's a little fun exercise for you to kill a few minutes. I never really thought that voting by optical scanner was such a difficult thing to do. The fine folks in Minnesota appear determined to prove me wrong. For what it's worth, I disagreed with the majority opinion on that website in five of fifteen examples. I guess I'm just a pain in the ass.

4 comments:

  1. Vito,

    For what its worth I disagreed with most of the folks on about five or six of the ballots questions.
    I always use a paper ballot. However, considering the difficulty some voters had with these paper ballots it would appear some folks really need to vote electronically.
    Still, I think voting on paper ballots is not that difficult.

    Tron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vito,

    One other thing, I really like the new Irish National Flag banner at the top of the blog. Very nice touch.

    Tron

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can definetely agree with the comment about you being a pain in the ass. :)

    Happy trucking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to fall in the camp that says if you can't follow directions, your vote doesn't count. It's a freaking oval, not a quadratic equation.

    Thanks for the feedback on the new look. I didn't make any dramatic changes, but I felt like rearranging the furniture a little bit.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.