Tuesday, September 23, 2008

9/23/08

Hindsight being what hindset tends to be... I should have taken one of those Monday deliveries out of Laredo. I made my quick trip to the consignee this morning and received my next assignment while I was at the dock. It looked like my general opinion that freight is always available in Illinois would hold true. Yeah, maybe not today. I was sent up to Des Plaines to pull a Con-way load leaving tomorrow morning. Oh well. You win some and you lose some.

So, after I pass off the load in Nashville tomorrow afternoon, I'll be somewhere over 600 miles for the week. Had I known that today would only bring a short deadhead, I may have chosen not to burn the extra day heading north. Had I known that I would be watching a Notre Dame loss on Saturday, I definitely wouldn't have chosen to burn the extra day.

So this week will need a late-inning rescue on the paycheck end of things, but we'll see what happens. My brother called today and informed me that he can't make it to the Stanford game. I guess we'll just auction those tickets, meaning I won't be spending as much money as I anticipated over the next few weeks. Better to be lucky (or blessed) than good sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. CCX in DP...Right on Touhy & Elmhurst. It sure is a small world, I've been reading your blog anonymously for awhile now, and live right down the road from those same docks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See there? If I had been there a couple of days earlier, you could have decided either to fight me or to have me insult your mother.

    I'm getting old and soft though, so it's probably best that nobody volunteered.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.