Monday, September 22, 2008

9/22/08

So I was lying there in bed this morning. My memories of dreams tend to be a little fuzzy, but I seem to recall trying to convince Maria Sharapova that she could improve relations between us and the Russkies if only she would show her undies more frequently. That may not have been the exact dream, but you know how it goes. Anyhow, a damn reefer parked next to me and shocked me back to my mundane reality in a hurry.

Realizing that I wouldn't be getting back to sleep at that point, I hopped in the seat and tried to start my truck. Nope. Dead battery. That one is a bit of a mystery on account of my not having an inverter or fridge or anything in my truck. I use a little 12V outlet inverter when I'm on my computer, but otherwise my battery is unencumbered. Fortunately I spent the night at a truck stop with a shop. So I called road service and got the okay to have the shop guy give me a jump. The fella on the phone said I would need to call back afterward for my work order number.

The shop dude gave me the jump and the bill was only $22. For anything under $50 we don't need a work order number. I had told the CTL guy that I would call back though, so I called back. That's just the kinda guy I am. After I was on hold for twenty minutes, a different road service guy answered and told me just to send in the receipt with no work order. Lesson: I should just become one of those people who says he'll call back and then doesn't call back. I could have saved myself twenty minutes.

From that point it was a pretty easy day of driving. The truck stop in Bloomington sucks ass, so I stopped in McLean for the night. I guess it's about fifteen miles or so from here to my customer. The only real downside is that it's a nice cool night but I have to keep my truck running. I don't know if I have a battery issue or what the story is. One of these nights I'll leave the truck off and see what happens. I have an 8am appointment tomorrow though. Can't take the chance of waking up to another dead battery.

[Workout A]
Incline Press - Same weights, added two reps
French Press - Same weights, added two reps
Side Lateral - Same weights, added one rep
Seated Calf Raise - Same weight, added five reps
Squat - On indefinite hiatus due to knee issues

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.