Saturday, August 16, 2008

8/16/08

Seven is a pretty popular number, right? Some people go so far as to say that it's lucky? Well, seven dead-stopped traffic jams on I-95 is a few too many for me. Weekends are supposed to be the easy times. The traffic was a lot lighter than it would be during the week, but people kept crashing into each other. Then, of course, everybody has to stop and stare...

So yeah, pretty annoying trip today. I flipped on my CB to see what they were saying about DC. Nothing good, so I stopped short for the night. We'll see if my luck is any better tomorrow morning.

The workout tonight didn't feel like I had made any progress at all, but after comparing against last week I guess I made a few steps in the right direction. Usually, after a long dormant period, my muscles will respond with big leaps early on and then taper off. This time around, I'm trimming calories at the same time. I think that is the biggest reason that I couldn't kick the reps a little higher tonight.

[Workout A]
Incline Press - 2nd set added 5 pounds & maintained reps, 3rd set also added 5 pounds & lost 3 reps
French Press - 2nd set added 5 pounds & lost 3 reps, 3rd set maintained weight & added 1 rep
Side Laterals - Maintained weight all three sets, added 3 reps to final set
Seated Calf Raise - Added ten pounds & did same 85 reps
Squat - Added 20 pounds to each set & maintained reps

That's what I would call a mixed bag of sorts. Not as bad as I thought while I was sitting out there in the parking lot though. Back on the road in the morning.

Okay, I think I got it squared away. I can neither confirm nor deny this news report. Apparently thousands of people need to know that I am not the requisite 35 years of age until 2011. (Funny stuff anyway. Thanks Jess.)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Fenian - LOVE the 08 Vote for you!!! lmaoooo Know what? I would vote for ya too!! I think you would do a great job and knock Congress into a real spin!!

    Just read your profile here - saw your picture... WOW Very handsome man you are too!!! And... with all those bench presses and exercising - MUSCLES too!!! Hmmmm... lol Sweet Patootie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I change over to to a grainy and out of focus picture taken at nighttime, and now I'm handsome?

    That explains an awful lot. And there ain't no damn muscles either. I do appreciate the comment though. The women with experience are the smartest; That's my new motto.

    It's gonna be a long autumn.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.