Sunday, July 13, 2008

7/13/08

To quote the old guy from Cool Hand Luke - "What we've got here is... failure... to communicate." I was given instructions and such for this load, just like I am given with every assignment. Let's review the information, for educational purposes...

I was told that the pick up was a live load. It was in fact a drop/hook.

I was told to pick up at 3am Sunday morning. I arrived at 1am Sunday morning, to find that my trailer had been loaded since Friday.

I was told that the load was picking up and delivering in the same town. Obviously this meant that the destination was unknown. I picked up my trailer and found that the destination was Madison, Wisconsin.

I was told that the delivery was scheduled for 10am Sunday morning. The delivery is in fact scheduled for 10am Monday morning.

As I left the shipper, I was dispatched for a local delivery, meaning that I was paid zero miles. I called and spoke with a lady who changed my delivery location to Madison, Wisconsin. She did not, however, see fit to change it to a paid run. I'll have to call tomorrow morning and get it sorted out.

So instead of picking up and driving for a while yesterday, I sat around trying to sleep. Instead of getting 515 miles tacked onto last week's paycheck, I got no miles tacked onto any paycheck (yet). After preparing to drive through the night since I would have to deliver this morning, I wound up sitting here in Wisconsin all day today and waiting for tomorrow morning's appointment.

Oh well, such is life. At least I got a nice light load and had time for a good nap this morning. I also got through the clusterfuck known as northern Illinois on a weekend, which is infinitely better than having to go through during the week. Once I get the pay thing sorted out it should be a 515 mile run, so that's a decent start to this pay period. Now as long as I can find directions to my customer, I'll be all set. CTL sent me an address, but I already had the address on the paperwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.