Tuesday, July 15, 2008

7/15/08

I was toying with the idea of getting a motel room to watch the All Star Game tonight, but it didn't work out that way. I have to be in Jacksonville by 5pm tomorrow, so I needed to get to Georgia tonight. That way, the only major traffic obstacle for tomorrow will be Atlanta. Once I got tired and took a nap this afternoon, I wound up having to drive well into the night in order to get past Chattanooga. So XM radio it is.

That route through Kentucky and Tennessee is awfully damn frustrating for some reason. People just seem to refuse to stay to the right when they're going slowly. As such, I can't say that I enjoyed today all that much. The stretch from southern Kentucky on into Nashville is one of my least favorite drives anywhere. It's no I-25, mind you, but it still sucks. I did manage to knock out a little over 600 miles though. That should leave me a little over seven hours to finish the trip, assuming it doesn't take me five hours to get past Atlanta.

Extra innings without many substitute players available... this could get pretty interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.