Saturday, July 12, 2008

7/12/08

One of those days where I guess I'll just be disgruntled and sing the blues. I came into the last day of a pay period with 1901 miles... and ended the pay period with 1908 miles. Yeah.

The added seven miles covered my deadhead from Groveport, where I dropped last night, to Lockbourne. All of my unpaid westbound miles to find parking last night will be doubled when I go back east to pick up. That's not really a big deal. It just goes that way sometimes. The bad part is that I pick up at 3am and deliver at 10am. I did manage to sleep last night, of course. Normally that would be a good thing. Now it means that I've been completely unable to get to sleep today. The overnight run should be a real treat. My pickup and delivery are also listed as the same location, so I guess we'll just see what that's all about when the time comes.

With the northeast pay mixed in, I'll crack $800 for the week. I have my vacation pay coming on this paycheck, so I'm not terribly worried about the money. The timing of everything just made for a pretty shitty weekend. Hanging around a ghetto drop yard all day today, knowing that I have to drive all night tonight, is not exactly fun. And the Tigers lost again. Woe is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.