Wednesday, July 9, 2008

7/9/08

Light day. Easy day. Yada, yada, yada. I had a 5:15pm appointment and I couldn't unload early, so I spent the early part of the day hanging around the truck stop. While I was waiting to leave, I got a pre-plan so I guess we'll see if we can start another winning streak.

The drive down was 80 miles and nothing special. Just a quick hop down I-71 and then across on US-35. I remembered my little run-in with the low bridge on US-62 a while back, so I didn't take that route today. Even though I passed under the last time with a ton of room to spare, I assume that there's a reason the sign says 13'5". So I stayed on the freeway.

At the WalMart DC I had to drop my trailer and park in front of it while I got unloaded. As I was waiting in line to give my paperwork to the ladies, I kept hearing them tell the others drivers that it costs $50 to have WalMart unload their trailers. Those unloading fees aren't a huge deal, but it's just one more thing. When I got to the window, she said that mine was unloaded for free. That's right, I'm special. (Or maybe our shipper pays the fees. Probably I'm just special.)

After a couple of hours waiting to get unloaded and then waiting in line for my paperwork, I was headed north to Columbus. My pre-planned load is a ConWay run leaving in the morning and heading to Newark, New Jersey. That ConWay in Newark is always a fun one. I dropped off my empty trailer and headed out to find some dinner. The Wendy's down the street has a truck lot out in the back, so that sounded good to me. I should get to sleep pretty soon here, but the Tigers are going to extra innings. Gotta see how this one turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.