Tuesday, July 8, 2008

7/8/08

Another day, another road closure. Today it was I-90 in Pennsylvania. Apparently someone smacked into a dump truck in the construction zone. Nice. I didn't get any bright ideas this time around. I just sat tight for about a half hour until they got things moving again.

Since I finally have a load with a favorable timetable, I managed to stop at the Kenworth dealer south of Cleveland and get a couple of things fixed. I needed a new wiring harness for my right turn signal and my left fuel tank was rotated a little too far. That only took an hour or so and then I was back on the road.

The rest of the drive was a rainy and tedious affair. The storms did get pretty intense, but that wasn't the issue. As always, people were hanging out in all three lanes and going way too slowly. That sucks. I had the choice to go 25mph on the interstate or to weave my way between cars going 25mph on the interstate. The latter usually ends up being the best option, but I prefer not to have to do that. Oh well. I got down to the Flying J north of Columbus and stopped for the night. I'll roll down the rest of the way tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.