Sunday, June 22, 2008

6/22/08

Against my better judgment, I got dragged into a political debate last night and wound up spending several hours setting people straight. Before I knew it, the clock said 4am. Well shit. I had to get up at 7am in order to get my load to Taylor on time, so a few hours of sleep would be the best I could do.

The drive across the rest of the Ohio Turnpike and up to Taylor was nice and easy. There's a little game called 'guess which exit ramp I should take' that I get to play every time I head home. This time, the ramp to Eureka was open for right turns but not for lefts. On a weekday that's more of a problem, but the Sunday traffic on Eureka was light. I just used the next U-turn lane and flipped back north toward the terminal.

After dropping my trailer and checking in with the dispatcher, I headed home to unwind for a while. The Tigers came on at 4pm, which is incidentally exactly when I started feeling tired. I put the game on the radio in my bedroom and climbed in bed. After waking up at some point and hearing that the Tigers won the game, I shut the radio off. A few minutes later, I woke up and it was Monday. Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.