Saturday, June 28, 2008

6/28/08

I really hate my phone sometimes. I think I was mud wrestling with Heidi Klum or something like that when my father woke me up this morning. He was heading up to the beer store and needed a hand. So I got up and drove to his house to help out. We got a little soaked as we were icing down the seventeen cases of beer. Yeah, you read that right. Seventeen cases. I guess Dad wasn't in the mood to play games this time around.

My little nephew turned one year old last week and my father turns fifty years old next week, so they had a combined party today for anyone who felt like stopping by. That was pretty fun I guess. There's always something weird about the relatives who insist on remembering the last time they've seen me though. For most of them, the answer is a long, long time ago. I did decide that, on my next birthday, I want to sit in my underwear and eat cake with my bare hands.
He's a fun little fella. I won't include any pictures of Dad after he got into the Crown Royal, although he too was a pretty fun fella today. The weather wound up clearing out as the day went on and things worked out great for everyone.

Upon waking up with a hangover today, I had no inclination to drink any beer. Upon cracking the first cold one, as a form of minor celebration that we got everything transported to the park and set up on time, I was certainly inclined to have a second beer... and a third... and, well you know how that goes. This has been quite a three-day run, so I guess I should get out of town soon and give my body a break.

1 comment:

  1. After reading this post a better thought was to watch Heidi Klum eat her birthday cake in her underwear.

    Tron

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.