Wednesday, April 23, 2008

4/23/08

19 runs? 19 freaking runs? Groovy. I guess we just need to play shitty teams like Texas every night.

I actually entertained thoughts of going to work this afternoon, but it didn't happen. I slept a little late, then headed up to the yard to get a few things squared away. Since the worst of the winter seems to have passed (likely on account of global warming), I figured I would lighten up on the sweatshirts and jackets and such. So I was pulling stuff out of there when I saw that the coax cable to my TV was unplugged. I found that there is no place to plug it into my new truck. Clever detective that I am, this led me to a conclusion. I haven't watched my TV since I got the new truck. This, then, led to a follow-up conclusion. It was time to take the TV out of the truck. Ditto for the inverter that I still haven't had connected (and haven't missed). Ditto for the broken CB, the books I've already read, etc. The truck is looking pretty sparsely supplied now, just how I like it.

Then... oh hell, I grew up here, it's no surprise. I decided to give that 'T' endorsement test a shot at the Secretary of State. The two minute test took me a grand total of three hours. I was allowed four wrong and I got one wrong, so I guess that's not so bad. The one I got wrong was ambiguously worded, so I'm not even sweating that one. Major difference from the hazmat scenario where I was basically clueless. So that ate up my whole afternoon.

I got the apartment cleaned up a little, wrapped up the rest of the laundry and such, then kicked back for one last evening of leisure. Mom called to say that my brother's birthday gift had arrived, so I headed over for a little early party deal. When I was younger, I got used shit from a garage sale on my birthday. Now they get the latest gadgets. I guess that it's best not to be the oldest one when you grow up in a poor family. He was pretty happy so that was cool. My sister's kids were spending the night with Grandma too, so I got to see them. All in all, it was a pretty cool day.

I have to report to work by 7:30am, so I guess it's time to get to bed. Every mini-vacation must end at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.