Saturday, July 14, 2007

7/14/07

The reason I wasn't sure I wanted to stay home all weekend is starting to become readily apparent. I am bored out of my mind here. In order to keep myself entertained while I'm at home, I spend too much money, eat too much, drink too much, and so forth.

It has seemed, the last few times home, like I'm becoming a little detached from life here. I imagine this is a good thing to some extent. I don't get homesick while I'm on the road, so I'm able to do my job well and without emotional baggage. I just wonder what life looks like to people after five, ten, or twenty years of doing this. Some people have families at home. I wonder how their relationships are affected by a lifestyle that requires them to be withdrawn from society.

Today was a pretty useless day. I slept in. I went out to lunch. I took a nap. I went out to dinner. I took a nap. I ordered a pizza. Tomorrow will be probably more of the same, except I'll have to actually do my laundry. Then Monday morning I'll get my truck back from the shop and get back on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.