Monday, July 9, 2007

7/9/07

Whole lot of nothing to talk about today. I pulled 375 miles in the 5.75 hours I could drive, leaving me in Charleston, Missouri until midnight.

Usually the XM radio has something worthwhile among its channels to help pass the time, but today was pretty lame. The sports guys were all talking about how stupid the home run derby is. While I personally enjoy the home run derby, it doesn't exactly make for riveting radio. The political guys were all talking about Scooter Libby. I don't care which side you fall on, it's a boring subject. I couldn't find any kind of good sequence of songs to keep my time occupied, so I wound up back at the old standby - XM Comedy 150. The beauty about a good stand-up routine is that, even when you've already heard it, it can still make you laugh.

I placed a call to the payroll department to see how I get my week of vacation pay. The girl said, "No problem, it will be on your next check." Well that was easy, now wasn't it? Between that $850 or so and the $60 for the holiday, in addition to my regular earnings, this check should be a nice one. I might need a few extra bucks as my buddy, who has been living in my extra bedroom, appears to have dropped off the planet. He hasn't paid his July rent and I haven't heard from him all month. His phone goes straight to voicemail. I just pray that nothing bad has happened to him. I guess I'll have some idea when I get home tomorrow.

For now, thanks to the feds' effort to make us less tired, I'll have to catch whatever sleep I can force on myself while I'm not tired and then try to stay awake for my 11 hour non-stop drive to Michigan after midnight. Morons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.