Friday, July 13, 2007

7/13/07

Another day at home...

I had lunch with Mom today, then played video games and smoked cigars. Anything to avoid doing laundry. I had dinner with an old friend and visited with his parents for a while. My friend is 72 years old and his parents are in their mid-90's. Apparently to a 96 year old woman I'm handsome, so I have that going for me, which is nice.

I stopped to grab a soda and ran into a woman that I used to know. She suggested that we grab a drink and my arm didn't require a whole lot of twisting, as tends to be the case.

We hung out all night and then... well that was that. Not exactly the flashiest conclusion to the story, but that's okay. The conversation was fun and we had a good time.

It occurred to me tonight that turning 30 last fall didn't mean I was getting old. Having to buy a larger pant size doesn't mean I'm getting old. Thinking MTV has become completely retarded doesn't mean I'm getting old. The way I know I'm getting old is that almost every girl that I used to think impure thoughts about now has children. I suppose I might have to grow up one of these days. Apparently I'm not a kid anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.