Friday, October 8, 2010

10/8/10

The odds are that I won't be dying in my sleep tonight.  With the way I feel at the moment though, I'm not sure I would mind.  Nothing has proven effective at reducing the pain that has now centralized itself more in the upper ass area than the lower back.  Just for kicks, today's quick and easy two-stop run was supplanted by a much longer four-stop run.  While walking around and delivering milk I could hold my own.  While driving I could never get comfortable and endured a pretty good bit of pain.  While getting in and out of the truck, it was absolutely excruciating.  It ain't kidney stones though, which means that I can endure it.

The workouts are going to be on hiatus for a little while, for obvious reasons.  When I got to the gym tonight, even the slightest effort to turn my body or to lift a weight was enough to make me yell out in pain.  Enough's enough.  I'm gonna have to rest this thing and get myself back on track.

Tomorrow, thus far, should be helpful.  I only have one load and that load only has two stops on it.  My quick trip to the Flint suburbs and back shouldn't take too long, after which it's strictly bed rest time for me.  In the unlikely event that I do wind up checking out in my sleep tonight, I wish you folks all the best.  In the words of Bill S. Preston, Esquire and Ted Theodore Logan - Be excellent to each other.  And party on dudes.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Joe
    I get that in my lower back about once every 12-18 months. My muscles like to twist in a knot. I have a good chiropracter that gets me untwisted in short order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get that after every Rugby game. Relief beer and advil

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even think my back is the issue. Whichever way I sit, I feel like there are rusty daggers stabbing my ass and thigh.

    Cocaine and whiskey, perhaps...

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.