Thursday, October 7, 2010

10/7/10

I'm hurting pretty bad and I can't seem to find a reasonable resolution to the situation.  I must have pulled a muscle in my lower back somewhere along the way.  With muscle pulls, it has always been my experience that plenty of rest is the only cure.  Unfortunately I have a job that requires quite a bit of walking and climbing in and out of a big truck.  I also have an after-work routine that involves quite a bit of strength and cardio training, neither of which is very useful for resting a sore back.  Quite a conundrum, eh?

I did my best to take it easy today, given that I didn't have to work and by extension didn't have to do much walking.  Just basically sat on the couch and visited with my father for a while, then sat on the couch and visited with my elderly buddies for a while.  All this sitting around seems to have made the pain worse, so I'm not sure what that means.  I'm gonna head up to the gym here in a few minutes and see how it goes.  Since I started hurting a few days ago, the time that I've spent working out has actually been the least painful for me.  I have no explanation for that one either.  Endorphins or something, I suppose.

Ahh well, better get moving.  I have to start work at noon tomorrow.  If I don't get rolling soon, I won't have any hope of getting to sleep before 5am again.  If you're thinking of recommending some sort of prescription for this back pain, don't bother.  I already got one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.