Sunday, October 3, 2010

10/3/10

The research department here at the Fenian Godfather Institute has the weekend off, so I won't be able to provide the research here, but this may be the first time in fifty years that the Irish, Redskins, and Tigers have all won games within a single 24 hour span.  (Probably it has been more like a year or so but, like I said, no research tonight.  It feels like it has been a long time.)  The Tigers' win was a bittersweet one, given that it marks the end of a disappointing season and all.  As for the other two... yeah, we'll see.

Since I skipped the gym last night and I didn't take a nap before Friday's workout, today was the first chance to get reacquainted with the simple comforts that come with having my car back.  Good riddance to that piece of shit Chevy, I say.  I finished up my work a little early this evening (four stops, lots of miles, no issues), so I had plenty of time to do some reading and then catch a nice power nap.  My car ain't a luxury machine by any stretch of the imagination.  It's a simple and fairly inexpensive ride, but it seems positively lavish when compared to my most recent rental car.

After a quick but intense workout, it was time to head back home and put the finishing touches on yet another day in paradise.  I walked out of the gym and noticed that my car is now missing a hubcap.  It's always fucking something, isn't it?  Always fucking something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.