Tuesday, October 5, 2010

10/5/10

These blog posts don't have titles.  They're just named after each day in this aimless voyage of mine, each containing some small tidbit of something that I felt like saying on a given day.  If today's post had a title, however, it would be called Return of the Swede.

My Swedish buddy Sjoe hasn't been seen around here in quite some time.  A straightlaced routine of delivering milk, reading books, and lifting weights doesn't seem to appeal to him.  He finds himself more drawn to the leisurely and perhaps questionable pursuits in life.  Without any of that to be found in Michigan lately, the Swede has been spending his time in... I don't know... Sweden or something.  Until tonight.

I was on my way back to the dairy with my empty trailer when my brother called.  Tuesday night trivia again, in case I was interested.  I was wrapping up my shift nice and early, so I headed down to the bar and joined the gang.  We got our asses kicked pretty thoroughly.  Then I headed home to relax and prepare for another day of work tomorrow.  It wasn't very late though, so a stop at a local pub on the way home seemed to be in order.  And guess who I ran into at the pub.  That silly Swede.

It turns out that he had no intention of wrapping up his night any time soon.  Sjoe sat at the bar and made a few new friends (at least for the night).  One was a rather attractive gal, despite her total lack of conversational capacity.  Ole Sjoe is a perfect gentleman, or something to that effect, so he hasn't chosen to say a whole lot more, but the dude wound up getting back to my place at 6am.  Oy.  Long night.

My pull time for tomorrow is set for 3:45pm so, even if I hadn't been home resting peacefully all night, I would have plenty of time to get my shit together before heading back to work.  I'll have three stops in Toledo and nothing more, so it should be about a five hour shift.  Works for me.  The scheduled pay for the load is well below the daily minimum, meaning that I'll get my $140 unless another load turns up.  It's only Wednesday though, so I'm pretty sure I'll only have the one run.  The guys don't usually start calling in sick until the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.