Monday, October 4, 2010

10/4/10

Ahh yes, it's election season.  One of the things that I was able to avoid while I was on the road was the barrage of political advertising leading up to November.  I don't watch television, so I still don't see the majority of the ads, but today I received a letter.  It came from the Michigan Republican something or other and it left a particularly bad taste in my mouth.  I only read the first couple of paragraphs, but it wasn't good.  The letter was made to appear as if it had been handwritten by some lady.  The gist of it was that her son was murdered and the Democrat running for Attorney General refused to bring the killer to justice.  It covered the front and back of the page, so there was probably more detail to it.  I don't know man.  I'm sure that this guy is probably one of those candyassed rehabilitation-oriented bleeding heart types, but seriously, a plea from a grieving mother?  That's a little over the top.

Here's what we need to do.  Instead of electing these clowns every year, we need to be like Brazil and elect... a real clown.  Just do away with the damned pretense already.  The jagoffs in D.C. may be smarter than this illiterate Brazilian dude, but I am pretty sure that they're no smarter than your average well-read neighbor.  In fact, I'd be willing to bet on it.  I know a couple of people who came out of the Ivy League echo chamber.  Pretty good at regurgitating stuff that they've been told.  Not so good at walking and chewing gum.

Anyhow, what went on today?  Not a whole lot in my little corner of the world.  Laundry, reading, and weight lifting.  That's pretty much it.  Tomorrow I'll get the additional joy of delivering milk, so that's pretty exciting... or something.

2 comments:

  1. I think a while back you said you picked up a flo-tv unit. Qualcomm has pulled the units off the retail shelves. They are talking about continuing the service till the spring. You might be able to retun it if you want. Just a thought.

    Here's the link to the article.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20101005/tv_nm/us_qualcomm_flo

    Bookerz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Story of life... I'm surprised that they gave up so quickly. It's a pretty cool service, but if they couldn't get the price down any lower then I guess they were going to have a tough time succeeding.

    Mine was $150 and I paid $99 for a year of programming. Since I have no other way to watch football on Saturdays, I think I'll just keep it and consider the $250 as a cost of doing business. Still cheaper than getting a motel room every weekend, as I did while traveling the country. That article makes it sound like they might refund part of the $99 anyway whenever they shut down the service.

    Thanks for pointing it out.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.