Saturday, March 27, 2010

3/27/10

Continuing a theme...

I knew that the chances were better than 50/50 that I would sit at this truck stop all weekend.  My next assignment came through a little while ago - picking up in Waco tomorrow at 10pm and running overnight to Liberty.  Fine.  That's the kick in the balls that I expected.  A little layover pay and a reset of my log book will help to cushion that one.

It's the one that you didn't expect... 

My Swedish buddy Sjoe just went for a little stroll.  Nary a tavern, saloon, or public house in sight.  Saturday off... no work on Sunday until 10pm... Nothing would suit this schedule better than sending the Swede out on a bender among the locals.  Alas, here I sit.  Woe is me.

UPDATE (6:04pm): Strictly for our friend Drew, if he still happens to stop by here from time to time, an unenforceable mandate?  Who could have seen that one coming?  This guy, of course.  You're on your way to a single-payer win and I'm not sure that anybody even knows it.

UPDATE #2 (6:39pm): I failed to mention, but it does bear mention, that this is my new... worst... week... evah.  We managed to drop below the previous worst week by a solid $67, leaving this pay period at $448.06.  Adding insult to injury, my shithead little brothers had prosciutto, meatballs, and roasted red peppers at Lombardi's for dinner.

Bastards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.