Sunday, March 21, 2010

3/21/10

Madame Speaker is... well... speaking.  Tune in quickly if that's your cup of tea.  I must admit that I do get a kick out of the goofy gal.  My favorite parts are when she repeats some generic talking point in the middle of a sentence - repeats some generic talking point in the middle of a sentence - as if it will sound more convincing the second time around.  I'm still pretty sure she has no idea what she's saying, but she seems awfully happy about it.  Congrats are in order, or something.

Another long day on the road today, but we're getting closer.  I angled down through Tennessee and Arkansas, then down onto US-59 before calling it a day.  600 more miles behind me and somewhere around 600 more to go.  I guess I could shave a few miles off by angling over to Austin, but we all know how I feel about I-35.  I'll just keep working my way southward and take my chances with Houston instead.

This cold weather comes as a pleasant surprise to me, given that my piece of shit air conditioner is broken again.  I don't know what that's all about.  Hopefully I can just make do until the next trip home, so I don't have to miss any more road time while getting repairs.  We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.