Sunday, February 7, 2010

2/7/10

This normally would be a post that begins with me offering salutations from one of the Corleone Family's many estates. This place, however, is unworthy of the label. For thirty bucks, I can handle the fact that the motel itself is a dump. The extracurriculars leave even more to be desired.

I got rolling this morning and made the cruise through Fort Worth without any delays. Out on the eastern part of I-30, traffic was light and everything was peachy. I spoke with our road service department and concluded that the easiest place for me to get tires will be at the same Pilot in West Memphis where I got the first two replaced. I couldn't reach West Memphis today, meaning that the tires are on tomorrow morning's agenda, so all I had to do was drive.

As I approached Exit 216 in Arkansas, I saw a sign saying that all rooms were $29.97 and the motel had truck parking. Good enough for me. The final cost of the room was $34.95 after tax so I guess this is one place that advertises accurately. I'm not sure I would say that they have truck parking though. There's a parking lot and my truck is in it, so maybe we're arguing semantics at this point.

My Swedish buddy Sjoe stopped by to watch the game with me. Then he went for a walk and found that he can't get his preferred beverage on a Sunday in this hayseed state. So he left me to watch the game by myself.

Then I tried to order a pizza and found that I can't get delivery from anywhere in this hayseed town. I had already paid for the room though, so I couldn't follow Sjoe's lead and take off. I walked out to the main street and saw that the local Pizza Hut is only a half mile away, so I hiked over there and grabbed some dinner. Good enough.

I left a little bit of time on the table today, stopping before my hours ran completely out, so I'll be able to work nine hours tomorrow. This won't get me all the way to my destination but it should get me into Kentucky.

And now, just to prove that I'm really that inept at this: Colts 34, Saints 24

2 comments:

  1. Well, at least you don't have to worry about a hangover, lol. Gotta love AR (not).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just looked outside and saw 4" of snow on the ground. We'll see how much I love AR in a little while when I take off.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.