Saturday, February 6, 2010

2/6/10

My list of grievances with the federal government is long and diverse. I know that I've said my piece about the FMCSA regulations more than a few times, so I won't get into a protracted treatise this afternoon. I just can't figure how today's fatigue level can, in any way, be affected by what happened eight days ago. Alas, some people on the taxpayer dole say that it matters. I ran out of hours yesterday and I worked for six hours last Friday, so six hours were all that I could use today. At least the truck stops seem to be properly spaced for me thus far. Yesterday's hours got me to Pecos and today's got me to Weatherford.

I pick up 8.25 hours tomorrow and I'll probably need fuel at some point, meaning that I won't be able to reach West Memphis from here. Given that, I suppose that I might as well shove off a little early. That way I can get my two new tires and still have time to find a motel or something in Eastern Arkansas where I can kick back and watch the Super Bowl.

It looks pretty clear, as well, that I won't be making it to my consignee by Monday night. I guess my streak of dodging snowstorms might be in jeopardy if current projections hold true. Nothing quite as fun as waking at 5am to drive through ice and snow in Kentucky, I reckon.

A quick review of the particulars shows that this week wraps up with 3,875 miles, so that's rather profitable. I'll burn a little bit of next week in finishing this trip but, in any event, a week that knocks on the door of $1,500 can't be half bad.

2 comments:

  1. 3875 miles for a pay week I could only dream of such miles. I do well to see 2500 on the best week damn nice man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With me, it's all peaks and valleys. My hours are running low now and I have a Tuesday delivery, so I'll be lucky to crack 2,000 next week.

    Must be something about that first week of February though. My personal record came at almost exactly the same time last year.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.