Saturday, November 7, 2009

11/7/09

If you enjoyed the warm and sunny weather in Michigan today, you're welcome. I found it in Wisconsin yesterday and decided to bring it with me. The folks at the Fenian Godfather Weather Service were kind enough to pull a few strings, so here we are.

It turned out that the drive down to this afternoon's shipper took only five hours, so I had another six hours available to me under the 70 hour rule once I was loaded. My dispatched miles from Remington to Taylor were 297 so the usual 47mph dispatch would have had to factor in a ten hour break. Once I sent in my loaded call though, the powers that be decided to play hardball and dispatched me to be in Taylor tonight. Okay then. Guess we're heading home. No stopping to watch football this time around.

The next hour was spent looking forward to a certain radio broadcast. The following four hours were spent resisting the urge to drive my truck into a bridge abutment every time I heard the words from my XM radio. Then the last hour was spent looking forward to some cold refreshment once I got home. Highs and lows, I suppose.

For various reasons it's about time for bed now, so we'll have to leave it there. But for what it's worth, I'm more fired up about next weekend than I ever was before. I've always loved a good fight and plenty of people around here will be talking shit for the next several days. Hopefully Our Lady's lads will come through for me this time around. I'm behind them 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.