Wednesday, November 4, 2009

11/4/09

If your party ran a Notre Dame graduate for governor in 2009, you won 100% of the time. I'm still on a general strike against political talk, but I'll bet ole Dick Morris didn't spot that trend.

I tend to view 4:15am as the appropriate time to fall asleep, so you can probably guess how I felt about getting rolling at that time today. It was definitely a good idea to get out of Jersey City ahead of all of the traffic though. After a few hours I ducked off at a rest area in Pennsylvania and took a nice nap to get myself back on track. When I awoke I found that the cops had turned the rest area into a weigh station. Peckerheads. It took almost ten minutes to get out of there and back on the road.

The rest of the trip was pretty ho-hum. My 17,000 pound payload didn't drag me too badly in the hills, the weather was decent, and the traffic was reasonably light all the way across I-80. The hours that I had available were enough to get me to the last service plaza on the Ohio turnpike, so overall a pretty productive day.

The hours that I pick up tomorrow should get me within a couple hundred miles of my destination. Then I'll have to try to get some rest ahead of one more pre-dawn road trip on Friday. Tomorrow morning though, I think I'm sleeping in. There's not much sense in trying to get past Chicago during the morning rush so I'll just leave here a little later. Maybe I can cruise through in the late morning or early afternoon a little more easily than I have the last few times around. Maybe.

Guess it's time to go and watch the Matsui show now. Since I have no rooting interest, I was kinda hoping for a Game 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.