Thursday, November 5, 2009

11/5/09

How badly does the city of Chicago suck? I think this is one of the great questions of the modern age. In case you haven't guessed yet, my plan to sneak through in the early afternoon didn't quite work as planned. The place was a freaking parking lot. Ah well, what can you do? Just a day in the life.

The rest of the trip, before and after Chicago, was pretty nice. Foot to the floor, light traffic, good weather. My seven and a half available hours allowed me to cover 400 miles, reaching the Petro in Portage, Wisconsin, along with a fuel stop and a post-trip inspection. Not a bad day's work.

I'll have around 170 miles to cover in the morning before 9am Central in order to keep my delivery appointment, assuming that tomorrow is in fact the correct day. I already mentioned to you that the paperwork says Monday, but I do have a drop number and my company is usually pretty good about getting the appointments right with this particular customer. There have been a couple of exceptions over the last few years though, so we'll see.

After my drop/hook in the morning, I'll have somewhere around six hours available to use tomorrow. Then I pick up a steady stream of days in the 7-10 hour range. This should be plenty to allow me to handle whatever kind of schedule comes my way for the weekend. A delivery in Michigan a few days from now would obviously be quite welcome if it's in the cards. This last month or so on the road has been a pretty productive one, but once I know that I'll be heading home soon I tend to get a case of short-timers disease. The frosty cold goodness at Kelly's pub is calling my name, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.