Sunday, November 1, 2009

11/1/09

Sometimes the stars just align. We've covered my disdain for waking before 10am in recent blog postings. Sometimes it's a fact of life, but when it's day after day after day, it annoys me. I wanted to get in a full day of driving though and I wasn't really sure where I would end up. Since this meant that I wasn't sure how the nighttime parking situation would play out, I reluctantly set my alarm for 8:30am and planned to get rolling at 9am today. Ahh, but 9am today turned out to be 10am in a sense, didn't it? I forgot about that.

The whole 'fall back' thing turned out to be a harbinger of a good day on the road. Armed with what is essentially an empty trailer, I was able to set the cruise control and enjoy a nice easy ride through the hills. My Swedish buddy Sjoe even remembered to grab a few boxes of Kentucky contraband for the black lung crowd back home after I topped off the tanks in Glendale. Getting Nashville, Louisville, Cincinnati, and Columbus out of the way on a weekend was pretty groovy as well. My available hours got me all the way up to Lodi, Ohio tonight and there was plenty of parking at the Pilot when I pulled in. Sometimes the stars just align.

According to truckmiles.com, I only have around 400 miles left to go from here. I have eight hours available for tomorrow so I guess that means I'm in pretty good shape. I'm not sure if I should drive all the way to Cortland and hope for a spot at one of the small truck stops there or if I should stop off further back along the interstate. Guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

My road trip to Pittsburgh is set to commence on the 13th so I need to be home by the 11th or 12th. If we back out the seven day window, I would need to request home time by the 4th or 5th. I deliver on the morning of the 3rd. Probably best to put in my request for home time once I get to the consignee then, it would seem. And down the stretch they come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.