Sunday, July 26, 2009

7/26/09

Accidentally long days on the road are usually not a good thing. Today though... not so bad. I made my way across to Columbus and then headed up I-71. By the time I got to Seville, I was bored out of my mind and just about ready to pack it in. That would have left quite a bit of work for tomorrow but Sundays with no football on the radio really are insufferable. My channel surfing pursuits were failing to keep me even a little entertained. Then I got a few phone calls from friends back home.

By the time the discussions of football, baseball, politics, economics, Erin Andrews videos, weather, Hawaiian birth certificates, and all the rest were finished, I found myself in New York. I'll be damned. Second day in a row that I didn't mind having my cell phone. I pulled into the service plaza near Angola and found that it had exactly zero open parking spaces. Nice. I continued eastward and set my sights on the next service plaza. I was rolling the dice by passing on truck stops in Buffalo and Pembroke but I was in the mood for a slice of that nice thin pizza that they sell on the turnpike. The Pembroke plaza had plenty of open parking spaces, so that's that.

It's not clear yet how far I'll go tomorrow. I know that there's a fairly big truck stop in Chicopee. If I stay there tomorrow, I'll have another 75 miles or so left for Tuesday by 1pm. That's probably a sensible approach since I have no idea what kind of parking I'll find once I get further to the east. Sometimes I'm in the mood to push my luck and see what I can find though. I don't know. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.