Thursday, July 30, 2009

7/30/09

When you wake in the morning and face a trip down I-81 with rainy weather on the horizon, you had better brace for a fight. I did. Then... nuttin'. I was the guy with the 6,500 pound payload and the traffic was exceptionally light, so most of the day was just a cruise with my foot to the floor. Beauty.

After a break in Eastern Tennessee, I got back out and headed for Knoxville. Right at 4:45pm. Hardly any traffic. There's definitely something weird going on and I haven't figured it out yet. Chattanooga too? Yep. Chattanooga too. Spooky.

I ducked off at the Petro in Gadsden, Alabama to kick back for the night. My hours for today could have taken me a little further, but I'm only picking up six and a quarter tomorrow. Might as well leave a little earlier in the morning and drive a little further tomorrow. Hopefully that extra driving time will be enough to tire me out... or something. I have to find some way to force myself to sleep at the end of my next shift since the feds... oh nevermind, I'll behave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.