Friday, May 1, 2009

5/1/09

At least the Wings are doing what they do. This baseball game has been pitiful. (I reserve the right to revise and extend the preceding sentence if the Cleveland bullpen continues to implode.)

On a long day of driving, I find that a good audio book is a handy tool to pass the time. Lord of the Rings has been pretty solid thus far, although I think the narrator might be the same guy that did Brave New World. In any case, the miles were passing by easily and the detailed story was very helpful to the cause. The only heavy traffic that I encountered was right outside Harrisburg during the afternoon rush. All of those freeway merges and such were backed up as they tend to be. Otherwise it was just a steady and rainy affair. I made my drop at the ConWay yard in Montgomery a little while ago and then found one of the few open parking spaces at the T/A around the corner, so that was that.

I'm #2 on the board so I don't know what to expect from here. Usually, if there's freight for the weekend, it gets assigned at some point on Friday. For now I'm still in limbo. {Homerun Cabrera! Tigers are within 1 ... now back to your regularly scheduled blog post} I wouldn't mind a somewhat easy run for the weekend, to be perfectly honest. I have a chunk of northeast pay coming, so as long as I can get over 2,500 miles I'll be content. It would be cool to get off the road in time to watch the hockey game on Sunday.

So... after reading that infamous pdf file from DHS a while back, I am not quite convinced that I'm a right-wing extremist. Probably more of a standard "angry white male" or something. They did have some egg on their face for that one though, so what could they possibly do as a follow-up? Nothing quite so bizarre, right? Haha, uhh, yeah. Seriously. I don't even know what to say about this one. Of course, with two wars being fought, Iran going nuclear, North Korea launching missiles, the Soviet Union reconstituting, unemployment reaching higher levels every month, the national debt spiraling out of control, GDP falling, and illegal immigration going unchecked, it's always a relief to see that Congress has its priorities in order. Your great Republic in action, I guess. It's probably time for Roger Clemens' trainer to make another appearance while we're at it.

{Tigers go 1,2,3 in the ninth. Game over.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.