Tuesday, April 28, 2009

4/28/09

I think I might have threatened to cut some guy's head off today. I probably shouldn't have done that. It's not clear that he heard me though, since he kept driving like a douche. That is basically the story of my day - crossing Missouri with a heavy load in the trailer and a bunch of peckerheads around me. The hills and traffic and all of that had me steaming pretty good for a while there. I was also lucky enough to hit St. Louis during the afternoon rush. The traffic in town really wasn't terrible but, like I said, heavy trailer and such. All of the accelerating and decelerating can get to you after a while.

Once I got into Illinois the rest of the drive was pretty easy. I stayed around 55mph and hung out in the right lane while everyone else left me alone. No more death threats from that point forward. I finished off Illinois and Kentucky before my hours ran out, so I'll have something around four hours to go from here to Knoxville. I was able to cover 650 miles today. I guess that ain't too bad. My pace was slowed a little bit by the double nickel in Illinois and my route out of Kansas (still on my 'no out-of-pocket tolls' kick). In order to avoid the toll road, I took US-40 from Topeka to Lawrence and then dropped down onto KS-10 to the east. That was actually a pretty easy route but it probably cost me a little extra time.

So those kooky right-wing extremists managed to rid themselves of a principled and courageous American hero (err... umm... something like that). They had better get out the big guns for their next mark, 'cause the chick who has appointed herself as their spokesman ain't going anywhere. I'm not sure who will have the last laugh though, since the new utopia will probably end in a few years anyway. Smoke if you got 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.