Sunday, March 8, 2009

3/8/09

I wonder if I should just make it official and move to Texas. It seems that I spend more time here than I do in Michigan anyway, and I could skip the whole state income tax thing. I almost got out of Texas today, but not quite. Tomorrow morning's pickup will be in Orange, so I'm spending the evening bored out of my gourd at the luxurious Pilot truck stop. The last few days have provided plenty of time to get things done that needed to be done, so now I'm fresh out of ideas. Guess I'll start back up on those back episodes of The Simpsons.

My next load will be taking me up to Illinois, so for the fourth week in a row I'll be off to a good start with respect to miles. Hopefully I won't have my fourth lousy finish in a row afterward.

I guess I'll wrap up by noting that daylight savings time is pretty dumb.

4 comments:

  1. Whats up Joe,you're about 5 miles from me if you're at the Orange Pilot.
    Watch that construction on I10 out there.
    Take care man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I bet that lovely Pilot is a tad better than the Houston Love's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Pilot is in fact better than the Houston Love's, if for no other reason than the absence of hookers and beggars. I'm sure that ffourby took care of them in advance of my arrival. Much obliged.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.