Saturday, March 7, 2009

3/7/09

If I told you that I spent the day in Houston, shooing away the hookers, panhandlers, DVD salesmen, chrome polishers, and other assorted riffraff, only to find myself sitting at #3 on the board tonight, then you might assume that my employer simply didn't have any freight today. Nah, I'm not going with that narrative. I took the day off in honor of my mother's 52nd birthday. Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket. In fact, I invented the birthday! Yeah! That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

So my week wraps up where it was a couple of days ago - below $1,000... again. The 2,418 miles aren't bad I guess. It is just rather disappointing to have to, er, take the day off in honor of my mother's birthday after the way the last two weeks went. This week was shaping up to be a good one for a minute there.

Have no fear though. I'm told that tomorrow will start an hour early. That has to count for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.