Monday, March 2, 2009

3/2/09

Here's hoping that SeƱor Calderon is able to keep his country from falling apart at the seams. That cross-border freight still appears to be an integral part of my personal economy.

I got my next assignment fairly early this morning. I was able to sleep soundly for a while last night for a change, so the early beep was a welcome sound. I would be heading northeast to Corinth and picking up a load headed to you-know-where. You don't suppose that perhaps The Man has decided to give a brother a break, do you?

My pickup time was scheduled for 2pm and my instructions said that I was not to arrive more than twenty minutes early. I went early anyway. What can I say? That's just how I roll. My loaded trailer was ready when I got to the shipper, two hours ahead of schedule. The guy with the paperwork was on his lunch break though, so I still had to wait a half hour before I got rolling. After that it was a pretty good day of driving back to the west. US-72 over toward Memphis and then down through Arkansas on the interstates. I stopped for some dinner in Prescott and decided that this was far enough for tonight.

I am due in Laredo on Wednesday morning but I'm planning to get there tomorrow night. Might as well get on the board as early as possible. Given the knowledge that I won't be taking Satan's Driveway anymore, I have to admit that I'm looking forward to a nice long day of driving for a change. I'll be empty on Tuesday night with 1,190 miles in the books and plenty of hours to burn. I should have known that things would be looking up this week since, quite obviously, another angel got his wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.